Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Bowel trouble & Pooped Out. should I be concerned ?

Hi I was diagnosed with FAP in 1997. I ve had a total colectomy w ileorectal anastomosis ( j-pouch ), ileostomy take down and Whiple Procedure with total gastrectomy. In April of 2010 I had several endoscopies and colonoscopies and dozens of biopsies of polyps were done. After nine months I finally was informed of the biopsy findings. I have focal dysplasia in the small bowel. I understand what it is, but what are the treatment options, and should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  202
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Nephrologist 's  Response
THanks for the query

The familal andenomatous polyposis is a inherited disorder which has little treatment options, your doctors have done a colectomy that means there were more than 100 polyps in the colon. Your doctors have done a good job and u r in the right line of treament
Have a healty living
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor