Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Bold spot appeared on the right side of the head with bad headache

my son is 24 years old and suddenly a bold spot appeared on the right side of his head behind his ear. at one time he was having real bad headaches like migrains. at first it wasn t tender but now he says it is tender . he has alot on his mind he stay stressed out worry about alot. please could you if you can give me some answers because i am really concerned about him.
Asked On : Mon, 16 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
The swelling behind Rt ear is most probably a lymph node usually due to infection in that ear. However scalp infection needs to be ruled out.
The lymph node becomes tender when it gets inflamed due to spread of infection to it. Its main job is to prevent further spread of infection.
With the history provided by you it is difficult to say what caused that lymph node to get inflamed. More details are needed like is there or was any ear discharge, any nasal problem etc.
You please show him to an ENT specialist who can examine him and determine the cause of his lymph node enlargement and treat him accordingly.
You may show to a Psychiatrist with regard to your son's problem of worrying, getting stressed. Earlier his migraine like headaches may have relation to it.
Take care

Answered: Tue, 1 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Oncologist, Surgical Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim M's  Response

The "bold" in your question must be "dald" i guess. If it is so, i guess it is a patchy alopecia or hair loss. May be normal at this age or sometimes due to viral or skin infection. You have to consult a dermayologist to rule it out. If his worry and stress is mainly because of this then he will become alright after the treatment. He may be having stress due to his career or other reasons. You talk to him and find out the problem. Parents are the best person than a counselor to deal with this problem. All the best.

Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim
Surgical Oncologist
Answered: Tue, 1 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor