Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Blurred vision after staring directly at sun. Can I wait?

I was in the sun, stared at it with right eye directly for about a hour. Eye was partially open. Now when I close my left eye and look with my right, letters begin to fade after a couple of seconds of looking at them. Vision is blurry in the right eye as well. It's Sunday so can't see Doctor until tomorrow, can I wait or should I go to ER? Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response

It is better you go to emergency and get a fundus examination done to rule out any solar injury to your retina. If some trauma is found, you should take treatment as per advice of ER doctor. If there is no trauma to retina, you should undergo a slit-lamp examination and get treatment accordingly. Meantime, you can use some anti-biotic and anti-inflammatory drops in the affected eye.

Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor