Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Black spot on penis. Had fordyce spots. Could one of these got infected and turned black? What can I do?

Hi I have a small black spot About 4mm flighty raised on the shaft of my penis it isnt itchy or sore I have only noticed it in the last 2 weeks I ve looked at a few photos and think I might have small case of fordyce spots that have been there for awhile in the same area the base of the shaft. Could one of these got infected and turned black? What can I do?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  234
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed sebaceoud cysts ove penis.
This area is rich in sebaceous glands hence prone for sebaceous to occur frequently due to accumulation of sebum below te skin.
Normally no treatment is required.However in case it gets infected you have to take antibiotic for a week. Please consult qualified surgeon for clinical assessment and further treatment .You may need to get it excised in Toto.
Answered: Tue, 26 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor