Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Black eye and swollen cheek after fall. Now large lump under eye. How long does it take to go away?

Hello, my mother fell about a week and a half ago landing flat on her face. She had a black eye and swollen cheek. She went in to er to be examined to make sure there were no major injuries. All tests were normal. They told her she had a mild concussion and a contusion under her right eye. The bruises have started to go away and the swelling in her eye has gone down. I am now concerned with the large lump under her eye. How long does that take to go away? She is diabetic and has blood clots. I didn t know if any of her medical history would effect the healing process?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  513
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello.lump under the eye after the concussion takes a long time about 4-6 months .even her diabetic status may hamper her healing process
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor