Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Bite on neck, getting shooting sharp pains up to head and stiff muscles in neck, back and shoulders. Is it Impetigo ?

Hello, I have what I think to be imfetigo, I had what I thought to be a spider bite on my neck but then I started getting shooting shapr pains up to my head and stiff mucles in my neck, back and shoulders. I have had this years ago and I was told it was Imfetigo, I don t remember it being this bad and painful. What should I do? AAAA
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The stiff muscles in the neck and back after the bite is likely to be due to muscle spasm due to the injury or cervical spondylosis. This is not related to superficial skin infection like impetigo.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor