Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Big toes with wide nails, swelling on the big toe with redness half way beneath the nail, corner inflamed and painful. What treatment should be taken?

Yes please. I have been told by a Dr that my toe nails on both my big toes have wide nails. Also that I will always have problems with ingrown nails. For the past month I have had on one big toe swelling with dark red half way across on the underside of my toe nail. And as of 1 day ago, the corner of that same toe is inflamed and very painful. What would you recommend for my problem?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Dmonetted,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you are having recurrent infection due to ingrowing of toe nail.
Go for antibiotic medicine course antibiotic dressing.
If recurrence is again then go for removal of toe nail.
After removal of nails new nail will be alright.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor