Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Banged forehead, swelling, lump. Should I take her into the ER for a Cat scan or MRI?

My daughter tripped and banged her forehead on the door frame of her closet about 3 weeks ago. She had a large goose egg that disappeared over time. Today however, there is swelling across her forehead and there appears to be a lump. She complained about trouble seeing. She wears prescription glasses and over the years I frequently have to take her in for exams because there are changes in visual acuity so the lenses are changed. Should I take her into the ER for a Cat scan or MRI?
Thanks .....................Kathy
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hello Kathy,
Welcome at HCM.

There are some symptoms ,if they are present then she should be taken to ER-

-loss of consciousness.

-Continuous headache.

-Presence of fits.

-Loss of power or abnormal sensation in limbs.

If instead of these ,she is also feeling sudden change in her vision then she should be taken to ER for CT/MRI evaluation.

Hope this will help you.
Answered: Sat, 29 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor