Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Bad hip pain while walking, turning. Operated right side for similar pain. How to cure?

Hello, I am a 15 year old with bad hip pain(left side) when walking and also turning my hip. I am finding it hard to get onto/ off of furniture. It started 2 days ago and got worse the more I tried to walk, yesterday i thought it was better and had no pain but today after waking up the pain had recurred. ( if it helps i had a similar problem in the right hip 2 years ago and had to have an operation after it was discovered to be some sort of foreign fluid in my hip.)
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,

The presence of pain during walking and turning the hip van occur due to many causes, eg in case of trauma to the hip, infection in the hip joint, inflammation of the joint capsule, etc.
Is there any history of trauma to the hip joint?
You need to get a X-ray of the hip joint.
If there is accumulation of fluid in the joint space, examination of the joint fluid needs to be done.
In case there is any evidence of infection in the joint space, appropriate antibiotics need to be taken.
In the absence of infection, other causes of joint effusion have to be found out.

You need to consult an orthopedician for clinical examination, relevant investigation and thus management.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor