Does UTI and swollen knee cause elevated levels of sedimentation rate?

My 13 month old had a fever for a few days. Pedi said she had a viral throat infection. Fever didn't go away so we went back in and they said she had a uti and put her on amoxcillian for 10 days. 2 days after being diagnosed with uti her right knee became swollen and was hard for her to bend or flex it. We had xrays done at our local hospital which showed no fracture and did some blood work.   The next day we were told to take her to a childrens hospital to see orthopedic and rhemologist.  She was admitted for the night. Had a knee aspiration done. Which showed no signs of infection.  Xrays showed soft tissue swelling and joint effusion.  Negative for Lyme and RA factor was also negative. Her sed rate the first day of blood work was 120 and the next days blood work it was 105.  Could all her symptoms be making the sed rate that high? Is it a good sign that it dropped in 24 hours??she seems perfectly fine otherwise. 
Mon, 13 Oct 2014