• question-icon

Suggest treatment for hip pain

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I've had hip pain for a year, started after I had a vaginal hysterectomy(I'm thinking placement of my legs during surgery may have caused this), my MRI states I have a "large fovea centralism on the left, associated bone marrow edema within and about the fovea centralis on the left indicating a probable injury. small joint effusion. No definite labral tear is seen. See attached report.

my question is How is this treated?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment as stated above

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion, you start pain killers, muscle relaxant and avoid putting weight ( use of a stick ) for 2-3 weeks.

If no improvement, then reinvestigate with blood tests like blood counts(TLC, DLC) and repeat MRI,

Let me know if I could assist further.
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon