• question-icon

What does this MRI report indicate?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My mother fall down on a slippery area, attahced is mri report, can you pls review and give opinion, does this need surgery or physiotherapy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is a better option.

Detailed Answer:
I have seen the attached report. There is partial thickness tear of the tendons and labrum with inflammatory joint effusion. Such an injury is difficult to heal with only rest and immobilization. Physiotherapy will be allowed only after the lesion has healed. This can take 2-3 months of rest and pain and restricted activity. it is best to get the lesion surgically repaired for faster and better recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 12 minutes later
Does this surgery compicated for a 65 year old person. Is this a key hole suregery ,
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Arthroscopic surgery can be done.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The surgery is not complicated. Overall assessment of the patient is needed before the surgery. Arthroscopic surgery can be done. Do consult with her orthopedician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 days later
May i know if any complications in waiting 2 weeks, the doctor here after seeing MRI advised not surgery rather wait for 2 weeks with hand heald with a string at , he say we have to give time to heal for musles , is this orrect
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can wait for 2 weeks.

Detailed Answer:
Waiting for 2 weeks will help the local swelling to decrease. This will also help in healing of muscles but the tear needs a surgical repair. Waiting will not do any harm. No need to worry.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon