Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online


Age-30, weight-65kgs having One-girl child aged-5 years. my wife got a severe pain in her back especially during her periods. The pain remains for many days. During period her bleeding is also too much. And the period remains for 6/7 days continuously. Here is the latest scan report. As per U.S.Scan (LOWER ABDOMEN) Report---- 1. Uterus is bulky and measures 10.2x3.9x4.4 cms, No evidence of SOL, Pregnancy, fluid in pouch of Douglas. 2. Both ovaries appear to be adherent to the sides of uterus. Right adenexal region shows evidence of two cystic masses of 4.7x4.4cms and 4.8x3.9cms. Left adenexal region shows-evidence of a cystic mass of 3.7x2.7cms. Left ovaries also show evidence of a calcification. These cysts show fine internal echoes - suggestive of endometriosis. Scan for KUB is normal. OPINION - 1. ADHERENT OVARIES WITH BILATERAL ENDOMETRIOTIC CYSTS. 2. CALCIFICATION IN LEFT OVARY. Is it a surgical problem? What medicine wills you advice? Any surgical advice. How many days it will take to cure it fully. What precaution should she follows? Waiting for your valuable suggestions. Thank you DOCTOR. With Regards
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
the problem of endometriosis is best tackled surgically. A laparoscopic adhesiolyis andovarian cystectomy will be needed. An instrument called the laparoscope will be inserted through the navel thru a 1cm incicion. this will transmit images in the abdomen through a camera to a screen. through 2 other tiny holes, 2 rod like instruments will be inserted and the surgery done looking at the screen medical treatment can follow after that to prevent recurrence. Complete cure, unfortunately cannot be expected in this illness. largely patients do lead a normal life after this sort of surgery, but sometimes, recurrences do occur.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor