Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

BCG scar got infected and formed large scar and had abscess. How to get relief?

I got my BCG when i was 14, it got infected and formed a large scar on my arm , i am now 22 and can not wear short sleave tops because people always ask about it and stair it is that big, it had an abcess in it which i think you can still see all vains and that, the doctor gave me a cream last year to try and reduce the redness but it didnt work and i wanted to know if there where any other resorts? even cosmetic surgery to reduce to size?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for your query at healthcare magic.
Though i did not understand the reason for administering BCG at 14 yrs since your concern in the scar as the end result lets stay focused to that .
Though I would like to see the scar personally to tell you the exact management ,
There are various modalities for dealing with it :
Scar Revision by excision and suturing or serial excision or injecting a fat graft to elevate the depressed scar .The treatment line depends on the exact picture of the scar.
After one of the above procedures are done , it can be resurfaced by Fractional CO2 laser
The scar can be made to be absolutely inconspicuous but it cannot disappear completely
God Bless
Answered: Tue, 12 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor