Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Arm injury, stiffness, decreased range of motion, clicking sound. Small fracture or sprain?

I fell of my bike and landed on my arm . Although the fall didn t hurt, after a while my arm (underneath my elbow behind my back arm) began to be painful and stiffen. Its now been a couple of hours and I ve had some range of motion decrease and stiffen. I ve iced it on and off for an hour and it hurt when I lifted my arm. And it clicks a bit when I do lift it. Yet there is no swelling or no bruising. Is there a possibility I have a small fracture , or could it just be a bad sprain?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Any fall can lead to fracture. First of all get an X rays done from ER. it will decide whether any fracture or sprain. Keep it elevated, supported and do icing. It will decrease the pain. You havnt mentioned about swelling. If its there it might be a facture.
Answered: Thu, 8 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor