Are hernia mesh implants supposed to break up?

Are Hernia Mesh implants supposed to break up, disintegrate, tear and/or loose their anchors? Aren't they permenant and supposed to be completely sterile?
I also feel terrible pain in my abdomen where the netting is and I feel there is a staph infection that is coming from this. I also have a Mycobacterium lung infection with some lung scaring. The oral sputum culture also showed the mycobacterium as well as cocci in chains and pairs. Also have cysts in my muscle and had an infected cyst a year ago. Been dealing with this for years. Netting implanted in 2001.
Tue, 20 Jun 2017