Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Antral gastritis causing severe burn on right of stomach and back. No releif with medicines. Help?

I am suffering pain sever burn ,only right side in stomach side & back straight bone specific located.never goes to left.Only right stomach to up & back bone respectively at a time for long priod.After many doctors& diagnosis,lastly found antral gastritis last 8 month.I took a number of medicine,still not recoverd.I feeling same now.what to do now
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic!

I have gone through your question and it is almost clear that you do have antral gastritis, as you have pain on right side n middle back. You have told that it still continue to pain even after repeated medicines. There is no information on other blood tests or ultrasound abdomen or medicines you had tried.

Had I been your treating doctor I would go for a course to treat you for H Pyroli infection, which is common cause for chronic gastritis. Along with that you will be helped by taking some proton pump inhibitors like Esmoperazole twice a day for few days.
I would recommend that you get an ultrasound abdomen and if possible an endoscopy of stomach and upper duodenum, as you may have a duodenal ulcer, which has a similar presentation. duodenal ulcers are commonly missed, and they may occur along with gastritis causing chronicity.

Apart from medicines, you should follow
- simple, preffrably bland diet for some weeks
- eat small frequent meals which include some non spicy/non oily stuff
- avoid/ stop tea, coffee
- go for more of fruits and salads
- if you have burning, you can take sips of slightly cold milk on and off, it neutralises the acid in stomach

I really understand that you are tired of taking medicine but I want to ensure you that it is a fully treatable condition.
Please do the investigations ( at least you will be free of the fear that you have anything major). and see a gastroenterologist, I'm sure you will become fine.

I hope that answer helps you.
Feel free to ask more queries.
Dr. Manisha Gopal.
Answered: Wed, 23 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor