• question-icon

What causes severe upper left side body pain?

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: For over nine months I have had excruciating pain in my upper left side. I have had a mri done. But nothing. It hurts more after I eat. I am on pain medicine and that is the only thing that seems to help besides taking anticaicids. The pain is persistant. Should be gone by now. I have had an appendix and triple hernia operations. Could this pain be gastric cancer? XXXXXXX Thank you.

I also had an exray done and it showed a vertebrae out and two pinched nerves which I also was experiencing electrocution around my side and front. I went to a Chiropractor and he helped with the electrocutiion. But the pain still exsists. I do not know if I am getting used to the pain or it is getting somewhat better. XXXXXXX Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Peptic ulcer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Yes it might be a gastric cancer. But the chance for that is extremely low. Much more probable is regular peptic ulcer. Your symptoms are quite characteristic for that. And MRI can not diagnose it.
I suggest you to have gastroscopy done. It will diagnose it. And it will diagnose possible H.Pylori infection.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 14 hours later
That helps alot. What is H. Pylori infection? Can it be cleared up?
Thank you. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be cleared up.

Detailed Answer:
Helicobacter Pylori is a bacteria responsible for most of peptic ulcers. It can be cleared up with antibiotics.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon