Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Ankle injury, suffering from chills, might be sprained or broken. Medical attention needed?

My husband fell and hurt his ankle. He immediately got chills and I got him comfortable with many blankets and some hot tea. His ankle is either sprained or broken. Can t tell yet. He went to bed waiting until tomorrow to see if he needs to go to urgent care. Is it normal to get such a case of chills? He is 59 years old. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
It appears that he had a fracture or the sprain of the ankle.With any sort of heavy pain it is possible to have chills and feverish feeling.
I advise you to consult an orthopedic surgeon for diagnosis. You may need to have an M.R.I. of the ankle for confirmation.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods for early recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor