Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Anemia, urinary incontinence with massive clots, blocks in kidney, on catheters, neph tube, scope showed holes in bladder, negative cytology test and bone scan. Suggestive treatment?

Wondering if someone could help if possible? My 86 year old father has been having urinary issues last months. He couldnt pee and had catheters..At one point 2 weeks ago, he developed massive blood clots...They scoped him, cleaned it up stopped 3 bleeding holes in bladder .. Took some tissues samples, and pathology said an aggressive form of cancer .. When the cytology test came back it was negative. Doctors sent his samples to the MAYO Clinic as it just made no sense to them. Mayo clinic is confused and said they dont know what it is and requested more clinic notes, images, and test results. He did have a blockage somewhere in left kidney very close to bladder..They put neph tube there... Week later right kidney developed a blockage somewhere as well. Renal scans were done, and they put a neph tube in right kidney as well. All other test results are normal. .Bone scan showed nothing at all. 2 other issues, anemia and has had mini strokes in his brain. But other than that, all is well.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  54
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your father has cancer of the bladder involving both the ureteric orifices resulting in to blockage of draining urine in to bladder.His both the kidneys are drained by PCN tubes which will help him to build up his general condition to plan a major surgery in near future.

You have done his bladder biopsy which could not conclude the nature of pathology
( Cancer) However since treatment of bladder cancer depends upon the stage of the disease he needs to repeat biopsy of the bladder to confirm the tissue diagnosis and the stage of the disease.

Please consult qualified Uro -Oncologist for evaluation and further treatment.


Answered: Mon, 18 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor