Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Am I suffering from Tuberculosis?

gd eve, i m 24 years, female,old ..having low grade fever for last one month. treated as clinical typhoid............after 10 days of getting ceftriaxone strated having fever again vn the injection were stopped. my blood test were within normal study. ESR was 60.chest xray clear. started having joints pains now with low grade doc told me to get my serum tb ferron and serum myplasma tb pcr.i wanna to know wat dese tests are for
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to HealthcareMagic

PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) is a new diagnostic technique that amplifies the DNA of the pathogen, and helps in identification of the infecting organism with good accuracy. Both Serum TB Feron and Seum Mycoplasma TB PCR have been advised to detect TB infection, if present.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
Hi Ms.anonymous
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
In pulmonary tuberculosis there is evening rise of temperature with chronic cough with expectoration or some times with blood in sputum & loss of weight & appetite do occur
As you have low grade fever for more than a month.detailed investigation to find the cause & treated is must.
Wish you good health.disclaimer.
Answered: Sun, 3 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor