Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Alcohol addict, violent. What can help better the behavior?

Hi I am Ravi. My father is seriously addicted to alcohol and could not quit. now a days he is beating my mom even. Now a days he is behaving like when ever he is in drink he is not behaving like a human being. Please guide me or suggest me. I love my father very much. He is very good person when he is normal but if he drinks no matter he is behaving such a rude manner. is there any medicine or hospital to get get back human in my father.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I agree that your father is very good when he is normal. Alcohol alters behaviour as natural inhibitions are lost when your father consume alcohol. So people under alcohol behave in a manner which they normally don't do. The amount and pattern of taking alcohol varies individual to individual
The Psychiatrist only can understand what makes your father to consume alcohol. He may try Psychotherapy and if possible de-addiction. If your father volunteer himself for de-addiction the success rate of de-addiction is very high and the cooperation of every family member is the main role of treatment. I pray god for your father to come out of alcohol as early as possible.
Best wishes
Answered: Sun, 7 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor