Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Aggression in 4 years old child

My son is round 4 years. He was fine tillnow, but since 3 months i notice him that he is getting angry easily. He thrwos his tantrums, if i stop for naything he will make a big scene. He has become very stubbaorn, he wants what ever he asks for. I donot know what is the reason for this change in behavior. Some times he throws the things if he gets angry. He some times breaks the glass, tear the paper and run. Ima really worried that this will continue. I want hime to back to normal
Tue, 6 Jul 2010
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Most important point is the change in the pattern of children life before and now. Also to be noticed the change in the family behaviour. Parents stress results as frustration in children's behaviour and ultimately aggression.We have to be very clear in our mind that children are replica of us as parents. Since he is 4 years now so may be he has just started going to school. And few new behavioural changes adopted from the surrounding friends. Pl. check on the school friends and consulting teacher make some changes in sitting arrangement. May be now a days he is being given less attention than before for some reason and he is trying to divert the attention of parents to him.

In my view, no modicine, no doctor's consulation would give better result than giving total attention and love will improve.
  User's Response
nowadays kids are more aggressive, its a normal behavior, if they are more intelligent they are more agressive. so not to worry, at certain age the kids are more aggressive, wat ever you say they do opposite to that. so if you stop them doing that they will do more.
  User's Response
all children do that to see how much they can get over their parents if you dissiplin them they dont turn into brats
  User's Response
Hyperactive children might have an emotional component in them for their aggression, find it out by closely observing them for few days. make a note of their activities and the time they spend on each.
  Anonymous's Response

take him to child specialist dear. he needs medical attention i feel.

  User's Response

Consult Psychiatrist as soon as possible .

  User's Response
Yes their behaviour with other children is important, their human values are important, i heard such children may grow into anti social behaviours in their young adult stage
  User's Response
Yes their behaviour with other children is important, their human values are important, i heard such children may grow into anti social behaviours in their young adult stage
  Anonymous's Response

I faced similar situation because of my son's behaviour when he was of the same age group. This was around 6 years ago. I had taken him to a pediatrician whose wife was a psychiatrist. They mentioned that at this age, this kind of behavior may crop up and as parents, we have to be strict. If we say no to any demand, it should be firm No even if the child throws tantrum.Take him to nearby park and play area so that he can mingle with other children. Overall, it should be nothing to bother if you keep observing and meet the pediatrician once if you feel it needs doctor's attention.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor