What causes frequent urination and burning sensation during urination in a child?

Dr. Pradeep Kumar

Pediatrician, Cardiology

Posted on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi My 2.3 Years old Boy peeing 10 minutes once and it is very normal he s not crying nor having burning sensation. Climate is cold here .Is it due to climate
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I won't get worried if there are no other symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for asking on this platform

I can understand your concern.
I won't get overly worried if there are not other symptoms as you have mentioned like burning micturition, crying while passing urine or if stream is good.
I just request you to look for any abnormal symptoms and please let me know if you notice any.
Passing urine 10 minutes once may just be an incidental finding.During cold frequency of urine gets increased as there is decreased sweating and other insensible water loss.

Wishing for your child's good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 28 minutes later
Hi doctor Thanks Hope you remember I had discussed about my son .He has speech delay now we are having good stimulation with him so I could see some good response like He s giving good respond to his name following most of our command giving hifi taking phone n Keeping his ear wen we ask him to say hello trying to learn words .Also telling two new words so can I take it as a positive note n keep stimulating or can I take to speech therapy for speed results
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just keep stimulating him, speech therapist consultation will add benefit

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I do remember your concern regarding delayed speech development. As I remember the BERA report was abnormal.
Its good to know that he is improving. I would suggest you to continue stimulating him. Consulting a speech therapist and his opinion regarding this will surely add some benefit.

Wishing for your sons good health.
Follow up: Dr. Pradeep Kumar 5 hours later
Ok doctor will do but his problem in last 2 .3 years he had seen me n my husband and my parents. Rarely we will go to native so wen I'm there he S mingling with people and his peer groups but wen we 4 not there he s crying a lot .I put him in play school but he S crying like anything so we stopped.Thing is he has a banging of head when frustrated because of that in school they are complaining and not ready to take further .Will this head banging goes away naturally he will do only wen we scold him or he gets frustrated .How to make him mingle well without our presence
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
All these are behavioral problem, better consult a child psychiatrist

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I can understand your concern. All the problems you have mentioned is related to metal development. During different stages of mental development child behaves in a different manner. Head banging is one of them. It is commonly seen in this age group more in children with temper tantrum and particularly in children who can not express their emotions or expressions well in words. In most of the children it improves with age and no specific treatment is needed unless it is causing physical harm.
Regarding preferential isolated living(poor mixing with new persons)I want to say that this is also seen in this age group in many of the children.
I request you to better consult a child psychiatrist for expert opinion and to know if behavioural therapy is needed.