Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Acne scars on face like pits.Does using Glycol acid creme help to smoothen skin?

Hi Doctor, I have some acne scars in my face which are relatively small holes, but still as they are many, you can see them. I would like to know if using Glycol Acid creme is a good way of smoothening the skin and reduce the visibility of the acne scars. If not, what other treatment could you suggest to me to get rid of them? I was thinking about a mechanical peeling or laser treatment, but the problem is that my skin directly develops black or darker scars when getting cut or scratched, so I am scared that my whole face will look like that.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  214
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
Acne scars can be treated by- dermarollers/ micro needling, lasers, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, acne surgeries like punch excision, subscision etc. The treatment chosen depends upon the depth and severity of scars. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist near by to assess your skin and guide you there after.
Glycolic acid cream may only work if scars are superficial. Peels and lasers when properly done do not lead to any complications.
Hope that helps. Take care
Answered: Sat, 16 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor