Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Abstained from smoking and alcohol. USG reports fatty liver. Further?

I used to drink more than moderate alcohol for almost fifteen years but from the last 12 years i have abstained from it totally nor do i smoke . My age is 50 completed years, In December 2005 i was diagnosed as having alcoholic fatty liver but was not treated for the same, Off late i went in for a LFT & USG . My USG report indicated as a Grade one intensity & my sgpt indicated 46 sgot 40 both on the higher side ranges. I have started taking treatment for it & i have been put on medication, prescribed drugs are udiliv 300, liveril forte & piodant 15 mg-- My question is how much time it will take me to completely get rid of my fatty liver complications & after i stop medications will it be back to square one. Pls note i have started my treatment from 13.08.2012 & immediately observing terrific positive effects. Thanking you in advance. Awaiting for your reply
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Your SGOT and SGPT are marginally elevated. You should get regular exercise 20- 40 min thrice a week ( walking is fine). Try to maintain an ideal body weight. And get investigated for other causes of fatty liver like hepatitis. Please consult a gastroenterologist
Answered: Wed, 4 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor