Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Absence of period for months. HPT negative. Trigestel recommended, paralyzed temporarily. How to regularize?

Good day, I am a 22yr old female. I recently or rather in the past year 2012 experienced irregular periods/ menstrual cycles. It would go missing for 4~5 months. At first I thought I was pregnant so did my dr because my cervix is soft but the sonar confirmed I m not:( the dr recommended Trigestel but it didn t work to well as it paralyzed me temporarily. Its been 3months now since my last period and I m too scared to take a home pregnancy test because a negative result will hurt my fiance. What should I do? I m at a loss
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Good Evening,

As you have issue of missed period frequently, which is due to some common reason like:

-Stress and anxiety
-Excessive weight loss, or weight gain
-Hormonal imbalance

Menopause is not applicable in this case and pregnancy should be rule out but any of rest of the others can be a cause for her missing period, so please go through proper evaluation to get other causes like hypothyroidism or PCOS.

PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) produces symptoms in approximately 5% to 10% of women of reproductive age (12–45 years old). It is thought to be one of the leading causes of female sub-fertility and the most frequent endocrine problem in women of reproductive age.

The principal features are anovulation, resulting in irregular menstruation, amenorrhoea, ovulation-related infertility, and polycystic ovaries; excessive amounts or effects of androgenic (masculinizing) hormones, resulting in acne and hirsutism; and insulin resistance, often associated with obesity, Type 2 diabetes, and high cholesterol levels.

The symptoms and severity of the syndrome vary greatly among affected women.

So go for a USG, TSH and other investigation to find out the cause of frequent amenorrhoea.


Dr. Naresh Jain.
Answered: Wed, 31 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor