Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Abdominal pain, bloating sensation, hb 11.1, esr 32, wbc 9.89. Family history of cancer. Advise?

Hello Doctor, I'm a women of age 32. I suddenly had stomach pain recently and feel that my stomach is blotted. my food intake is reduced. Doctor suggested a blood test and in the result it is mentioned hb is 11.1 and esr is 32 and wbc is 9.89. I'm in a rural area nt able to go for consultation to the city for past 2 weeks after result. I lost my mom in colon cancer at the age of 52 before 2 years. I'm getting worried now as my friend told me that I have to take it seriously. Please guide.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
You should take it serious but you shouldnt be concerned. You are young and any cancer isnt very possible at your age.There are various conditions which cause stomach pain and bloating. usually this is gasrtitis, GERD or IBD. It should be primary treated by changing dietary habbits,eat fruit,green and avoid fats, alcohol and sugar. Also gastroscopy should be done to see degree of gastritis. Anaemia is common at young woman and usually menstrual bleeding and lack of iron cause it. It can be sign of bleeding from bowel wall or tumor but it isnt the first thing to think of. If you have pain while defecating or opstipation then you should concerned and do colonosopy. If not you should take iron supplements and change dietary habbits.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor