Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

9 years old girl has a hole in her ear drum

9 year old girl have a problem on her ear drum , after a consultation with a ENT specialist its a hole on drum and recommend for a surgery , Consult with another Specialist he suggests no need of immediate surgery pls give an advice
Asked On : Tue, 5 Oct 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  407
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
1. Is it possible for you to obtain endoscopic photographs of her eardrums and perforation?
2. What are her symptoms and what do her audiological tests show?
3. Has she had an X-ray skull lateral view to rule out adenoid hypertrophy?
4. Has she had Mastoid X-rays done recently?
5. Does she have a history of snoring, mouth breathing or frequent colds?
Answered: Wed, 6 Oct 2010
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello Mohandas
A hole in the ear drum can be due to infection in ear or trauma to eardrum or due to related problems of middle ear , eustachian tube or skull bone mastoid.
The decision for surgery wil depend on cause and extent of damage and the resultant hearing loss.If its a very small central hole recently caused by acute infection and not resulting in significant hearing loss then it may heal with antibiotics, but in most other cases surgery may be required.
Hope I have answered your query.thanks
Answered: Thu, 15 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor