Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

80 years old. Hardness from hip to knee, abnormal heartbeat, dizziness. History of back problem and minor stroke. Advice

my mother-in-law is 80 but looks much younger and has always had
a very healthy life style and has always been active but now is having such trouble with her walking and is complaining that from her hip to her knee it is solid to the touch. She has an abnormal heart beat and also suffers dizziness. In the past she has had back problems and suffered a minor stroke. Is there anything we can do to improve her quality of life and she is so frustrated?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, your mother in law is of 80 years, hip to the knee it is hard, to touch, abnormal heart beat, and dizzy ness.
It appears to be the abscess of the theigh, due to that there could be fever causing fast heart beat, and dizzyness. The other cause could be arthritis, filariasis, or grouth of the tissues in the theigh.
I to my patientwith such symptoms, prescribe, neurotropic injections, protiolytics, antiinflamatories, and antiboiotics, and refer to the orthopedic surgeon . Thank you.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor