Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

76 year old has dizziness, blurred vision and loss of balance. Should we see a Neurologist?

My father is 76 yrs old and has been having dizzy spells when he goes to get up or when he closes his eyes. He also has blurred vision and loss of balance, ringing or the sound of locusts constantly in the ears. I took him to an ENT and she said he had some wax build up, which she removed and did a hearing test . That was ok for a man his age, she said. Should I take him to a neurologist next? I would like for them to do a MRI or CT of his brain just to be sure it isn t something more serious.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concern. The dizziness, blurred vision and loss of balance are all signs of cerebellar dysfunction. You should visit with a neurologist who can do a complete H&P, a physical examination and then order tests, both serum and imaging to find out what would be the best course of management.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor