Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

66 year with diabetes and hypertension. Need help in assessing the blood test report

Age 66....female....myeloperoxidase...657.......tryglcerides with Antara .....250.......Approx 10-15 lbs overweight ......exercise regularly...... diabetes 6.5. No meds..........meds for pressure....diovan.....125/70......good hdl ..ferritin very high at 500.... What kind of doctor to help me.......I have been thinking of a hemotologists.......
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Based on your reports , you seems to be overweight with diabetes and hypertension with good control range with dyslipidemia.You need to consult hematologist for raised ferritin .You also seems to have raised tryglycerides which can be managed by your family physician who takes care of BP and sugar
Answered: Mon, 17 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor