5 months old suffering from diarrhea for 10 days,taking ORS but the symptom remains

My 5 months old brest fed son is suffering from diarrhea from last 10 days. First 4 days watery stol and then mucus started turning up. As prescribed by doctor ORS, EUG (1 gm per day) started from day 1. After 5 days as mucus shows, doctor prescribed antibiotic syrup from day 6. Its been 10 days now, bowel movements reduced from 7-8 from day 1 to 4-5 bowel movements . He does not loose or gain any weight. His behavious is normal. Please suggest as i am worried he may not loose minerals from the body.
Wed, 27 Apr 2011