Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

4 month old having rashes all over body, doctor advised to sop using J&J products. Which soap to use ?

hai gud evening doctr.. let me ask u someting my baby has fourth month old her body showing some rashes likes small red balls would you mind pls tell me it happens through the climate or babys body temperature.or any other reason.i have use the j and j soap but it never works .thats why i consulted a pediatrician he told me to stop to use j and j d refer me to use pea powder..pls tell me which soap is better for my baby.thank u.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Critical Care 's  Response
Thanks for asking your question here.

There are many reasons for having a rash including allergy, viral infection etc. If you feel that your baby is running temperature, please record it with thermometer and consult your doctor again.

Your Pediatrician may have felt that the rash is related to J&J soaps.

Allergy can be from anything including the clothes/chemicals/food etc. Soaps have many chemicals.

My advise would be to try different brand baby soap (without perfume & hypoallergic soaps) and see if the rash re-appears or not. There is no particular brand of soap which doesn't lead to allergy. So, it is basically trial and error to find out what suits your baby's skin.

Most of the times it resolves very quickly.

Dr Tejas Shah
Answered: Thu, 8 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor