Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

21 year old diagnosed with arthritis in hip. Scar tissue from an accident made hip stiff. Prescribed with Tramadol and Diclofenac. Any other treatment?

Hi, I m 21 and have recently been diagnosed with arthritis in my left hip. My doctor has told me that it was caused by being hit by a car when i was 13. I also have scar tissue from my accident which has wrapped itself around my hip bone making it stiff and become extremely difficult to move this also cause my ligaments in my hip to sprain often. i have been prescribed tramadol and diclofenac but it doesnt seem to take much of the pain away, could you give me some suggestions on what i can do/what can be done to help me?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would be happy to review your X-rays and give you an opinion. From what you have told me you have 3 options.

1. to continue to live with your symptoms and try to control them with anti-inflammatory medication, weight control and physiotherapy. You may find that using a cane or a crutch and holding it on your unaffected side may help.

2. a hip fusion operation where the thigh bone is fused to the pelvic bone. this will make your hip stiff but will take away the pain.

3. a total hip replacement operation where your native hip joint is removed and replaced with a metal and plastic joint.

I hope this helps

Best wishes
Answered: Wed, 2 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor