21 weeks pregnant, having heart palpitations. EKG normal with mild mitral regurgitation. Is this the reason ?

Hi I am 21 weeks pregnant and have been having heart palpatations since 19 weeks this is my 3rd pregnancy and do to recall having them in my past two pregnancies. When I first noticed them I went to the er they did an EKG and said it was normal and that it was anxiety but to follow up with cardiologist for peace of mind. I did see cardiologist who examined me did an EKG and echocardiogram . They called with my results saying my heart was normal but I do have mild mitral regurgitation and this was very common and no cause for alarm. They said the heart palpatations had nothing to do with mild mitral regurgitation and the palpatations were from anxiety. I m still feeling palpatations and wanted to ask you if anxiety can cause them or what else could be causing them. My gyn did say the extra blood can cause them and he has had other pregnant woman complain about them also. Do you know anything about mild mitral regurgitation?
Thu, 20 Sep 2012