Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

2 year old kid had grommets put in both ears & got some infection like puss coming out. What treatment would you suggest for him ?

Good day, my 2 year old grandson had grommets put in both ears last year november. Now both his ears has infection and the puss is coming out. we only give him deselex for his sinus . He is still on the bottle can is be caused of lying and drinking. what would you suggest us to do. Thanks Barbara
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  207
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. His ear infection will have to be examined and treated by your local ENT physician.
2. The Eustachian Tube which connects the ear to the nose in an infant is shorter, wider and more horizontal than in an adult. Therefore any infection in the upper airway can easily enter the ears. Ensure that during feeding time, his head is held high and do not feed while lying down.
Answered: Wed, 23 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor