Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

2 months pregnant, anemia, unwanted pregnancy, not comfortable with abortion. Suggestions?

hi i have accidently conceived a child with my girlfriend not sure what me and her are, its become very complicated, she is about two months pregnant and she does not at all want this child, but she cant handle the idea of an abortion , she suffers from anemia , so im not sure if she can terminate the pregnancy medically, I personally wouldnt mind either way, its difficult to know what i should feel, i tried getting her up to the doctors for a check up, but she doesnt not want to go, just incase she ll make a rash decision and then regret it later, im wondering what i should do, and what will happen when i visit the doctors?
Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
I appreciate your query.
The question you have posed is very tricky, because the decision to go ahead with a pregnancy or not is entirely the prerogative of the couple.
There are so many emotional, moral, psychological and financial aspects to it.
If the two of you are in a stable relationship, then abortion should not be ideal, unless one/ both of you have strong reasons to think of it.
About the anemia, that should not be a concern, because anemia is very common, and very much treatable in today's modern world.
About the mode of termination also, medical abortion works within a very specific time frame. So it is inevitable that you should visit a gynaecologist, estimate the weeks of pregnancy, confirm that pregnancy is inside the uterus and also get the necessary tests for anemia done.
Mild to moderate anemia does not rule out medical abortion, as it is an equal risk for surgical abortion also.
There is no alternative to getting a check up done for her as soon as possible, in either case, because even if you continue the pregnancy, you should confirm it by ultrasound, and treat her anemia.
So in both situations, I would advise you to visit a gynecologist at the earliest.
Hope this helped you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor