Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

2 Month Old with Heart Murmur, What should I expect at the doctor and am I right to be concerned ?

I just took my two month old son to the doctor yesterday for his checkup. She heard a heart murmur that she had not heard before and is sending us to a pediatric cardiologist . He has had poor weight gain in the past and we have switched his formulas to a higher calorie formula and he seems to be gaining fine now (although we are going to go see a GI doctor also). I am so worried that I am not sleeping or eating . What should I expect at the doctor and am I right to be concerned?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Did the doctor say what level of murmur it was? Most are functional and do not greatly affect quality of life. And yes you should be concerned. All parents are concerned. It's normal and shows you love your baby. You are doing the best you can do, getting him to the doctor to evaluate his needs. Just pray and keep loving him.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor