Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

19 years old irregular periods

i am 19 years old i am not married! i got my last periods on feb! i was worried its june now , and now i am getting them and docter recommended me progyluton! the problem is iam getting them in reddish colour but the flow is very slow its not the same it is use to be and my skin getting acnes will the problem be solved if i eat the medicine progyluton and tell what to do about the flow and skin! and will the next periods be regular by untake of this medicine?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM.

Did you have an ultrasound study done? It looks like you are having polycystic ovaries , which is the commonest cause of irregular periods in your age group. As for acne, it is usual in your age group. Do regular face wash with soap and warm water. As for the flow in your period do not worry. Since you are not married I think, you let the irregular periods be and do not interfere with it, at present. Only if there is excessive bleeding you need to consult a gynecologist. For delayed periods you do not have to do any thing. After marriage, of course it is a different story. You need to consult a gynecologist to regularise your periods to get pregnant.
Answered: Tue, 14 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor