19 years old having problem with menstrual cycle. what could be the cause ?

Hi. I am laure, 19 years old. Last month I went to the hospital because I felt pain on the left side of the abdomen. After two blood exams, the doctor diagnosed constipation . So I did sports, drank laxatives, a lot of liquids and a week after that I had a pelvic exam because I still felt the pain. The thing is that I m still constipated. My period often lasts 6days but this time it lasted only 3days with no cramps like I used to have. I wanted to know what could be the cause ? noting that I take iron because I am anemic . Thanks for answering me.
Thu, 22 Sep 2011