Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

17 year old with high ALT levels. No alcohol consumption. What else could be causing it?

my daughter is 17 yrs old and she just had blood tested. We found that she has as of 104 and alt of 49. She doesn't drink, eat much fatty food, etc. Does some physical work and she is not fat. she is on the petite side
so we are a bit confused to why her levels are so high. Any suggestions? We have an appointment but that is another 3 or 4 weeks out.
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
He and welcome to HCM.
YOu shouldnt be concerned. These are only mildly elevated AST. It can becaused by excessive exercise or smoking. Also some temporary liver damage can cause it as well, but you dont need to be concerned. He should continue with healthy diet and life. Also, he should do ultrasound to see is there any liver damage or gallbladder disorder. If something is found such as fatty liver or fibrosis then he should do virla markers and take certain medicines. WIsh you good health.
Answered: Mon, 8 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor