Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

17 year old suffering from severe constipation, stomach and back pain. What is the treatment?

Hi my name is Jackie I am 17 years old. So here s my issue... I had a bowel movement on Friday of last week and went five days with nothing but gas that didn t seem to want to come out. Throughout those five days my stomach and lower back had begun to hurt quite bad. Yesterday was Wednesday and I the pain was so bad I had to do something. I took laxatives and an enema and pooped a little but the pain didn t go away in fact it feels as though it may have gotten worse. I m in a lot if pain and I ve noticed that I get goose bumps when the pain is at it s worst. I don t know what else to do. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  76
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
You should take plenty of liquids,high fiber diet,green leafy vegetables.
The stools will be soft and constipation gets cured.
Even after above measures ,if it does not come down,you should consult a Gastroenterologist.
Till then please take Muscle relaxant.
Wish you speedy recovery
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor