Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

17 year old suffer from severe pelvic pain. Follicular cysts in oovaries with retroverted uterus. History of adenomyosis and endometriosis

My 17 yr old daughter has been suffering with severe lower pelvic pain and an u/s showed small to moderate pelvic cul-de-sac fluid along with sub centimeter follicular cysts on both ovaries and a retroverted uterus . What does all this mean? My mother and I both had hysto due to endometriosis and adenomyosis (mine at 23).
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query.

Follicular cysts of the ovary are benign cyst that develop in the ovary.
The main cause of this follicular cyst is hormonal imbalance.
Treatment is oral contraceptive pills after a periods of 2 months observation for spontaneous resolution.
So i suggest you to wait for 2 months and repeat ultrasound.
If follicular cyst does not decrease in size, she has to start OC pills for 3 monts regularly.
Hope this helps.
Dr Nilofer
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor