Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

15yr old. Not started menstruation. Extra pink skin in vaginal hole. What could it be?

Hi there. I am a 15 year old female, I have not started my period yet nor have I ever had sex or anything like that. However, one day a few months ago I noticed something weird in my vagina hole . It looks like some pink skin is hanging out and completely covering the entrance of my vagina. For the longest time I thought it was my hymen , so it would come out sooner or later. I have been doing some research, and I am beginning to think it is an extra skin I was born with, almost like a septate hymen. Some of the skin is hanging out in a little skin strand, and the rest is blocking the hole itself! I have tried to see if there is an opening in the extra skin, but I cannot tell. I am not sure how to explain this clearly, but I would really like some help. I will eventually want to use tampons when I start my period, and I think this extra skin will not enable me to do this! Please help me!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

I can understand your body is undergoing a lot of changes, especially as you have reached an age (or might be experiencing a slightly delayed menarche as well) for you to expect your periods.

As your description is still a little vague it is difficult for me to comment on whether these are the skin folds or labia (major or minor) that are around your vaginal opening.

If this is not the vaginal skin then this will have to be looked into. A doctor will be able to tell you whether this is normal or not.

If this is indeed an abnormal growth then I would request you to start by asking your mother if she has any sexually transmittable infection that could have been transmitted to you, and then get the extra growth tested as well.

But I am sure this is nothing serious. Visit a doctor who will surely clear all your doubts.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor