Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

15 years boy has male breast, done exercise and dieting. Help

I am a 15 year old boy. I have the problem of male breast since the last two and a half years. I tried to do everything to get rid of it. Did exercises, went to gyms, did dieting , but nothing worked. Now i m forced to wear a belt over my chest to hide it. And i m often teased by many people. I m very worried. Please help!
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Dear Chinmoy

First of all, i would like to reassure you that what you have noticed is quite common among boys of your age. It is called Gynecomastia, and can be self limiting. What that means is that most of the time, it will get better by itself, if you give it a few months. There might be a period when both breasts may enlarge as well. Going to the Gym or dieting will not help. Only rarely, if it has not disappeared after one year, or if it is painful or if it is rapidly growing, they need surgery but 80 % of the time, they will get better without surgery.

Dont be anxious. wear loose clothing and give it time.


Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee's  Response
Dear Chinmoy I am sorry to hear your problem. The conditio which you have got is called gynaecomastia.
I think you should see a plastic surgeon who will solve your problem. Kindest regards Dr. S.K.Mukherjee
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor