my 1 year old daughter has had a fever for
Chicken pox can be very painful
Thanks for using the Ask a Doctor service.
I have gone carefully through your question and understand your concern. Chicken pox can be really painful and medicines might often not provide relief. Such a condition may last for one to three weeks. You may try Motrin (Ibuprofen) alone and see if it helps. At this stage antiviral medicines will not help. Apply calamine lotion topically. Isolate her from others since it is contagious.
Feel free to write back.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever