can I use Javex to clean wound?
Thank you for posting your query.
No, You should not use this to clean wounds.
Javex(Sodium hypochlorite) is a hazardous chemical which can cause chemical burns on the skin. So please do not use this.
Instead you can use Tincture Iodine solution or Hydrogen peroxide solution to clean the wounds.
Hope I have answered your query.
Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.
Wishing you good health.
An other question is ,can we use vinegar lo clean the wound on a diabetic pacient?
Thank so much
Thank you for the follow-up.
Vinegar does have weak antiseptic properties. But it is not recommended as a routine household antiseptic simply because there are far superior antiseptic solutions such as iodine and hydrogen peroxide which are a thousand times potent and less irritating to the skin.
So, if you do not have any alternative, you can use vinegar to wash the wounds, but the concentration should not exceed 0.05%.
Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any more queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...