Will Lexapro interact with Methamphetamine?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016 in Drug Abuse
Question: hello, I take 20 mg of lexapro every 24 hours, last night while drinking with some friends i snorted crank (methamphetamine) this was the firsr and last time i will do that..the last line i snorted was 9.5 hours ago, my question is do you think it is safe for me to take my 20 mg lexapro now? should i be concerned about serotonin sydrome or any other drug interactions? the lexapro was in my system when i originally did the drugs... thank you so much for your help
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is better to skip the dose for one day

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I think you should skip dose of Lexapro today as there is definite risk of Serotonin syndrome. I know the possibility is very low but why to take risk. A single dose of Lexapro can be skipped without any serious adverse effects.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 minute later
ok thank you, so the earliest i should take it, tonight? or tommorow morning?
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tomorrow morning

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me.

Allow at least 24 hours so you can use your lexapro from tomorrow morning.

I hope this assists you further.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.