Does Tramadol interact with Nefazodone and Bupropion?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 in Mental Health
Question: may i take tramadol hcl 50 mg while also taking bupropion, nefazadone, and sertraline for depression. The tramadol is for spinal stenosis.
Thank you,
XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Sertraline, nefazodone, and tramadol in combination would be quite dangerous as it would greatly increase the risk of serotonin syndrome. Do not take tramadol.

Please rate and close your answer when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad